3 Fundamental Ways for Marketing to Millennials
Are you struggling on how to target millennials for your business marketing strategy? Serendipit Consulting understands the difficulty in approaching these digital natives, which is why we narrowed it down to three particular characteristics that are common among millennials.
Millennials are CONNECTED
Did you know that there are about 80 million Millennials, also known as Generation Y? Born between 1980 and 1995, this group is extremely active on social media, spending nearly 90 hours consuming digital media each month.
- American millennials interact with their smartphones 45 times per day
- 90% of millennials check their phone every hour.
- Millennials spend 88.6 hours per month consuming digital media.
- Establish a responsive website that is mobile-friendly with the proper indexes in place so your website is able to rank on Google.
- Organize your website’s content so that a millennial can easily find all information in one place.
- Set your digital presence up for success by ensuring that your website homepage calls out all of the necessary CTAs and is constantly updating imagery, copy and promotions.
- Millennials are all about e-commerce. Studies show that Gen Y spends the highest share of their income online (Business Insider), so what does this mean for your company? Having a simple online purchasing field will be very important when marketing to millennials.
- Fine tune your mobile marketing by optimizing your landing pages for mobile. Avoid heavy graphics so your mobile site loads quickly and efficiently. Also, keep your CTA top of mind by ensuring the message is clear and easy to find.
Millennials are VISUAL
This tech-savvy generation of consumers are incredibly diverse and engage through relevant imagery. To excel at visual marketing and reach this unique audience, your business needs to consider the following facts:
- Turn up the volume on video. Digital platforms continue to optimize video content vs. any other form of content, which means your audience is much more likely to see video online.
- Millennials are looking to engage with quick and easy content and are 53% more likely to watch branded videos online.
- Leverage your marketing strategy with selfie tours, quick industry tips from your experts and Instagram videos that show how your products or services will better their lives.
- Create eye-catching graphics for social media by following these design tips:
- Pick a color scheme
- Choose a font palette
- Use contrast to help your designs stand out
- Add order to your images with grids or frames
- Keep it simple
- 90% of millennials watch online video weekly.
- 42% of millennials check four or more sources online when deciding on a major purchase.
- Millennials are 2.6 times more likely to have used a mobile app vs. other generations.
Millennials are SOCIAL
As one of the largest generations in history, millennials are about to become the most important customers your business has ever seen. They are constantly looking for the new best thing. While utilizing Facebook advertising and targeting is still important, it is crucial that your business has a presence on all platforms.
- Transcend your brand from a mere product to a friend by adding human touch to your social media pages. For instance, start giving your fans a behind-the-scenes look into your business by sharing company culture related content.
- Median number of Facebook friends of a millennials is 250.
- 81% of millennials use YouTube.
- Millennials are loyal to brands who listen to them and care about them. Connect on this level with prompt responses across all social media channels.
- 81% of millennials on Twitter check the platform at least once a day.
- 41% of millennials get their news from social media.
If you’re looking to connect, socialize and show millennials what your business is all about then give us a call at (602) 283-5209 or shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.