Weekly Wrap-Up: Top VMA Moments
-Top VMA Moments of 2012-
This week, Serendipit Consulting is wrapping up the Top VMA Moments from 2012.
Last night’s MTV Video Music Award Show was full of both unexpected and entertaining moments. From celeb mishaps, jokes and surprising appearances (or lack thereof), this year’s VMA moments are sure to go down in history. Here is our wrap-up of what we feel were the top VMA moments throughout the night.
- The Wanted and Rebel Wilson: This presentation of Best Female Video may possibly have been the funniest moment of the VMAs all thanks to Ms. Rebel Wilson. Her outfit, for starters, made it impossible not to laugh while she was holding a bag of chips. She then goes on to joke about taking one of The Wanted band members “home” for the night. Humor like hers is what makes award shows the most memorable.
- Alicia Keys Performance: Alicia Keys had yet another amazing performance last night with the debut of her song – Girl on Fire. An added highlight to the performance was the spotlight on Gabby Douglas, the Olympic gold medalist.
- One Direction Wins: The beloved British pop band won the crowd over when they took home awards for all three categories last night, including Best New Artist. Based on the response from their performance, it is clear that this heart-throb boy band is just getting started and isn’t going anywhere soon!
- Twilight Sneak Preview: Many fans were disappointed to not see Kristen Stewart during the Twilight Saga sneak preview, especially after all of the drama that took place with her previous lover, Robert Pattinson. The preview was still a success though and definitely made all of the “twihards” excited.
- Taylor Swift’s Performance: Taylor Swift ended the night on an exciting note with her performance of her new hit single – We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. She has a way of capturing the audience and putting on a unique performance each time she appears at the VMAs, and this time was no exception. MTV definitely made a point when the camera focused on Taylor Lautner after she performed. Intentional? We think yes!