Marketing Account Manager
Are you a performance-driven, results-seeking individual that thrives on the success of your client’s business? Do you love the ‘not-so-typical’ daily rush of the agency lifestyle and answering client needs? Are you an expert at crafting holistic strategies that make an impact from day one? Serendipit is looking to hire an experienced Marketing Account Manager that’s unafraid to roll up their sleeves, get their hands dirty and act like a complete boss when it comes to digging deep and making our clients happy. From developing top-notch marketing campaigns to talking the nitty-gritty of budget and digital strategy, we need a creative, organized, and strategic addition to our team. If you’re confident that you can become an expert in any industry and truly own your work, we’d love to hear from you.
The mission of the Marketing Account Manager is to ensure the success of all accounts being overseen, by growing and managing each team involved and continuing effective, strategic and proactive client relations. The Marketing Account Manager will have full P&L accountability and report to the Director of Account Services on profitability, client success, client retention and increased client scope, as well as internal team growth. The Marketing Account Manager will work with the Marketing Project Manager on each of their accounts to provide work that is on budget, on strategy, on time, and impactful.
- Manage multiple project/retainer accounts (10+) and their account teams simultaneously .
- Establish strategic marketing direction for all accounts managed
- Work closely with the Marketing Project Manager on each account.
- Manage junior staff. Develop staff through performance management and giving consistent feedback. Identify with staff, developmental opportunities and help them to work toward their professional goals.
- Assist Director of Account Services with Serendipit operational growth items: training, process documents, etc.
- Retain and grow existing client budgets and develop new business from existing accounts.
- Accountable for building and maintaining great relationships with all assigned clients, including overall client satisfaction and the management of SOW expectations
- Ensure that all client work is completed based on strategy, on time, within budget and exceeds client’s goals
- Serve as an agency catalyst for implementing and achieving the client’s tactical marketing plan by working with internal and external team members
- Become an expert in each client’s business, ultimately providing value to internal teams – business model basics, key issues, insights and competitive landscape
- Ensure proper voice is used at all times
- Review campaign reporting and provide strategic recommendations
- Attend all appropriate meetings
- Ability to understand the PR efforts and how it fits into the overall marketing initiatives
- Ensure all social media accounts and campaigns meet and exceed industry standards
- Review and approve billing for all assigned clients
- Assist with business development efforts as needed
- Work with teams to develop and adapt servicing to meet and exceed client and agency needs, looking for ways to proactively grow the business.
- Report monthly client billing and annual projections
- Assume responsibility for health of agency/client relationships and achievement of client objectives
- Achieve agency income and time management objectives for each client
- The Marketing Account Manager will also provide support to account services team members as needed with:
- Social Media
- Email Campaigns
- Webinars/ Video Tutorials
- Marketing Campaign Concepts
- Branding Strategy
- Website management/development
- Event strategy and management
- Evaluating Competitors’ Products and Services
- Management of Trade Shows /Conferences
- Prepare/Facilitate Marketing Presentations
Qualifications and Skills
- MUST HAVE 3-4 YEARS AD AGENCY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Well-spoken and succinct – ability to clearly articulate feedback and direction
- Demonstrate a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right and with enthusiasm
- Possess sound judgment and effective problem-solving skills, learning quickly from experience
- Must demonstrate a high ability in priority setting, time management and managing workload – able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Attention to detail – attentive, accurate and thorough
- A “self-starter” – able to anticipate needs and act without direction when required
- Must be able to write and speak with clarity, authority and persuasion, possessing expert presentation and written skills to internal and external audiences
- Must have high budget management skills
- Must have constant desire for relationship development (with clients, vendors, team members)
- Experience in the following is preferred:
- Hubspot/Salesforce/ZoHo - CRMs
- WordPress CMS – Basic understanding of development, WordPress backend, visual editors, and ongoing management
- Google Analytics/Google Ads
- PM Tools (Workamajig, Asana, Basecamp, etc.)
- Mailchimp/Constant Contact
A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Fully stocked fitness center IN THE OFFICE, complete with a Peloton, treadmill, Olympic weight set and MORE.
- FREE healthcare + health insurance reimbursement
- 10 days PTO your first year, and 14 days PTO year two & beyond
- Competitive, matching 401(K) after 12 months
- Reimbursement for membership in professional organizations
- A fully-stocked kitchen with lots of goodies to keep you fueled through the day, as well as monthly team lunches
- Happiness, joy and an overwhelming feeling of passion for the company you work for and the job you do!
- BYOD – Bring your own dog! We are dog-friendly
- Flexible schedule with early release Friday's
- Self-Motivated. Ambitious. Do these qualities describe you? The only thing standing between you and your dream job is – well – our career form.
- Take a peek at our #teamSerendipit values to see if you mesh well with our culture.
Please fill out the form with your cover letter and resume.