Marketing Account Manager
Are you a performance-driven, results-seeking individual that thrives on the success of your client’s business? Do you love the ‘not-so-typical’ daily rush of the agency lifestyle and answering client needs? Are you an expert at crafting holistic strategies that make an impact from day one? Serendipit is looking to hire an experienced Marketing Account Manager that’s unafraid to roll up their sleeves, get their hands dirty and act like a complete boss when it comes to digging deep and making our clients happy. From developing top-notch marketing campaigns to talking the nitty-gritty of budget and digital strategy, we need a creative, organized, and strategic addition to our team. If you’re confident that you can become an expert in any industry and truly own your work, we’d love to hear from you.
The Marketing Account Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of all client accounts (projects and retainers) he/she is supporting and that all KPIs are achieved. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, collaborating with various agency team members, building strong client relationships, leading the overarching strategy and direction of each account, and managing team members to produce the highest quality client work product on time and on budget.
The Marketing Account Manager typically works closely with the Project Management Team for additional support on timelines and deliverables, and he/she is accountable to the Director of Marketing.
This position may have 1-3 direct reports, but none currently.
- Manage and lead 10+ accounts (or equivalent in account revenue) and the team associated with the account
- Own the client relationship to serve as the main, day-to-day point of contact and trusted resource • Proactively intercept challenges or issues before they become an issue for the client, always staying steps ahead of the client
- When there is an issue, managing the situation honestly, calmly and directly like a boss • Set the overall strategy for each client and work collaboratively with agency resources to deliver high quality work that achieves the clients KPIs on deadline
- Become an expert in each clients’ industry, sharing thought leadership and industry updates to clients and the agency
- Confirm any deliverables going to the client are meeting or exceeding expectations, on brand, in the proper tone and voice, and are error free
- Manage client account hours and budgets with support of the Director of Marketing and/or Project Management Team
- Identify opportunities for organic growth of clients on a quarterly basis
- Ensure agendas are delivered to clients 24 hours prior to meetings, notes are taken during meetings and meeting recaps are sent same day or morning after
- Communicate effectively with all agency teams and the Project Management Team to confirm projects and deliverables are accurately scheduled, moving forward and on budget
- Lead all client meetings with high energy and professionalism
- Analyze and summarize monthly reporting for clients, using insights to continuously drive strategic recommendations
- Understand all aspects of marketing including paid digital and traditional media, SEO, creative, social media, public relations, development, and content marketing to name a few
- Consistently think about the agency and clients, bringing big ideas and opportunities to continue to grow clients on a monthly basis
Qualifications and Skills
MUST HAVE 3-4 YEARS AD AGENCY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Well-spoken and succinct – ability to clearly articulate feedback and direction
Demonstrate a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right and with enthusiasm
Possess sound judgment and effective problem-solving skills, learning quickly from experience
Must demonstrate a high ability in priority setting, time management and managing workload – able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
Attention to detail – attentive, accurate and thorough
A “self-starter” – able to anticipate needs and act without direction when required
Must be able to write and speak with clarity, authority and persuasion, possessing expert presentation and written skills to internal and external audiences
Must have high budget management skills
Must have constant desire for relationship development (with clients, vendors, team members)
Experience in the following is preferred:
Hubspot/Salesforce/ZoHo - CRMs
WordPress CMS – Basic understanding of development, WordPress backend, visual editors, and ongoing management
Google Analytics/Google Ads
PM Tools (Workamajig, Asana, Basecamp, etc.)
A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
Fully stocked fitness center IN THE OFFICE, complete with a Peloton, treadmill, Olympic weight set and MORE.
FREE healthcare + health insurance reimbursement
10 days PTO your first year, and 14 days PTO year two & beyond
Competitive, matching 401(K) after 12 months
Reimbursement for membership in professional organizations
A fully-stocked kitchen with lots of goodies to keep you fueled through the day, as well as monthly team lunches
Happiness, joy and an overwhelming feeling of passion for the company you work for and the job you do!
BYOD – Bring your own dog! We are dog-friendly
Flexible schedule with early release Friday's
Self-Motivated. Ambitious. Do these qualities describe you? The only thing standing between you and your dream job is – well – our career form.
Take a peek at our #teamSerendipit values to see if you mesh well with our culture.
Please fill out the form with your cover letter and resume.