ADVERTISING AGENCY TRAFFIC MANAGER
Do find yourself making color coordinated lists or Trello boards for every little thing? Could you picture yourself as the hyper-organized freak amidst the chaos and creativity of a super cool, beer-drinking, dog-loving group of people? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then we just MIGHT have the perfect job for you. Serendipit is looking to hire the perfect Traffic Manager that can keep the work flowing through the agency without a hitch. If you’re someone who thrives off collaboration, never misses deadlines, loves organizing workflows and can keep it cool, calm and collected while managing it all, we’d love to hear from you.
Traffic managers are very organized, and detail oriented. As a traffic manager, you will be expected to lead people and teams under tight deadlines, and will need to be cool under pressure. You should be a people-person, as much of your daily duties will revolve around interaction with different members of each department. You should be good with problem solving, and also be proficient in traffic management software (Workamajig).
Attributes and Responsibilities:
The traffic manager’s job is not an easy one. On any given day, dozens of new projects may need to be scheduled, and it is the traffic manager’s responsibility to keep everything running smoothly, despite the constant changes and demands of the agency. On any given day, the traffic manager will:
- Meet with the heads of departments to learn about the status of existing projects, and details about new projects coming into the agency.
- Master schedule workflow management for all tasks for all clients. Create a schedule for new jobs, and assign those tasks using the trafficking system.
- Review current and future timelines and job statuses with the heads of department, and if necessary, the individuals working on the jobs.
- Continuous resource loading and workflow balancing across all departments. Reschedule projects based on new or changing priorities. This often happens when clients initiate rush jobs, or the agency becomes involved in a pitch.
- Maintain balance and flow of information throughout all departments. Report to management about the current workflow, and communicate any possible issues with too much, or too little, work coming into the agency.
- Work with the accounting and production departments on invoicing, and possible additional costs due to rush fees, or unexpected deadlines.
- Work with freelancers and temporary contractors, getting them up to speed on jobs they will have assist with.
- Run weekly all team member WIP meetings.
EXPERIENCE WITHIN AN ADVERTISING AGENCY AS TRAFFIC MANAGER IS REQUIRED
- A proven track record of account management experience and/or team/department leadership experience with experience managing a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of organization
- Solution finder
- Strong writing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have above average knowledge and use of MS Office Suite software, especially Excel.
- EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF WORKAMAJIG OR OTHER TRAFFICING SOFTWARE IS A MUST.
- Professional conduct within and outside office while conducting agency business.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- 3-4 years’ experience within the advertising industry
- Four-year degree from an accredited college/university in marketing or a related field
- Must show proficiency in managing fully integrated advertising campaigns
A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
- When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- FREE healthcare + health insurance reimbursement
- 10 days PTO your first year, and 14 days PTO year two & beyond
- Competitive, matching 401(K) after 12 months
- Partial reimbursement for Orangetheory Fitness
- Reimbursement for membership in professional organizations
- A fully-stocked kitchen with lots of goodies to keep you fueled through the day, as well as monthly team lunches
- Happiness, joy and an overwhelming feeling of passion for the company you work for and the job you do!
- BYOD – Bring your own dog! We are dog-friendly
- Flexible schedule with early release Friday's
- Passion. Creativity. Self-Motivated. Ambitious. Do these qualities describe you? The only thing standing between you and your dream job is – well – our career form.
Take a peek at our #teamSerendipit values to see if you mesh well with our culture.
Please fill out the form with your cover letter and resume.