With the holidays approaching faster than most of us would like, traveling probably tops the list for stressful things. Whether it be traveling in groups or finding that secluded island to get away, traveling during the holidays can be a major hassle. Luckily, we can can help – thanks to CNN Money Magazine! In their November issue, they offer great tips on finding cheap hotels and airfares, as well as offer some sites for planning your trip. Here are their suggestions, as well as a couple of hours:
- Travelstormer – A great site for group travel, this site gives groups the planning capacity – from inception through actual travel. It even provides an expense tracker so members of the group know how much they owe.
- GTrot – With the tagline “social travel,” it really is the Yelp/Facebook of travel sites. This site lets users ask their friends from Twitter and Facebook for travel advice, as well as connect with others in their destination.
- Wanderfly – Unsure where you should go for the holidays? Leave it to Wanderfly to find a destination based on when you want to travel and how much you want to spend per traveler. You can even choose what you want out of your trip – romance, food, nightlife…and you can choose more than one!
- Hipmunk – Yes, the name is a tad on the goofy side, but don’t let that stop you from checking out this site! Hipmunk (complete with a chipmunk mascot) lets you search available flights to your chosen destination, as well as hotel accommodations.
- Tripbase – While a more traditional looking travel site, Tripbase lets you select other travel sites to compare prices, as well as a “don’t know where to go” option. With this option, users can choose from different things they want to experience.