Objective: To position CleverMade as the nation’s leader in organization through positive messaging and storytelling aligned with traditional media placements, such as business and leadership profiles, product placements, and more.
Goal: To drive traffic to CleverMade’s website by explaining the brand’s history, story, products, and more, through connected media pitching to local and national consumer and business digital, print, and broadcast media platforms and to launch and promote CleverMade’s newest product, the LockBox.
Brand Awareness October 2019 - March 2020:
- 35 media placements (published)
- UVPM Online: 420,371,885
- Viewership Broadcast: 80,592
- Audience Reach & Circulation (Print): 159,092
The following report shows our findings related to organic and direct website traffic increases in correlation to media placements.
While PR cannot account for every click or increase, it does account for much of it as many of the spikes in traffic were in direct correlation to media placements. This correlation is shown on the individual graphics (highlighted in green).
*Note: When measuring success from PR efforts we look at referral traffic from sources as well as organic and direct traffic, as these media placements typically result in users doing a direct search for the company (either typing in the domain or doing a branded search). For example, when a television segment runs there is no way to tell how many people watched the segment, but we can see how many people searched for CleverMade during the same day.
The following report shows visual spikes in organic and direct traffic related to media placements.
OCTOBER: Prior to the first media hit on Oct. 10 the average traffic to the CleverMade website was an average of 150 visits per day. We saw daily traffic spikes up to 538 during media wins this month. The Real Simple article did not show Google analytics because all 6 links were to Amazon not the Clevermade website.
- 10/10- Real Simple - Amazon links
- 10/16- PRWeb - 193
- 10/17 - CBS8 San Diego (online and TV) - 487
- 10/21 - Thrive Global - 372
- 10/23 – AOL/Facebook business - 273
- 10/26 – Chicago Tribune - 185
- 10/28 – San Diego Business Journal - 304
- 10/29 – Business Insider - 538
NOVEMBER: With big media wins at the end of the month the average traffic to the CleverMade website was well above average starting the month. The media hits on Nov. 18 showed a large 3-day increase in website traffic with a daily traffic spike to 956.
- 11/14 - Costco Couple – 298
- 11/18 – Fox 5 San Diego - TV segment - 597, 956, 643
- 11/18 – Frugal Hotspot - 597, 956, 643
- 11/26 – Popsugar - 300
- 11/30 Bob Vila - 808
DECEMBER: Prior to the first media hit on Dec. 2 the average traffic to the CleverMade website was averaging 300. We saw daily traffic spikes up to 817 during media wins.
- 12/2 - San Diego Union-Tribune - 772
- 12/5 - Gadget Flow - 319
- 12/17 - Two Medium articles - 543
- 12/17 - PRWeb - 543
- 12/18 - Yahoo! Finance - 444 & 817
- 12/18 - HomeWorld Business - 444 & 817
- 12/20 - ABC 10 - 710
JANUARY: While there were big media hits in January none of them had direct links to the CleverMade website (because they were print, television or locked articles).
- 1/23 – NBC San Diego
- 1/23 - San Diego Business Journal (Online/Print)
- 1/29 – Saints Report
- 1/30 - CNBC