PR Account Supervisor
As an Account Supervisor (PR) for Serendipit, your main responsibility is to achieve the goals of each Serendipit PR clients through public relations activities, to retain existing clients, assist with growing new clients and to uphold the Agency’s reputation as one of the top PR agencies in the Valley.
You are responsible for the complete management of assigned PR clients, including the day-to-day public relations functions as well as the supervision and daily management of the PR team. You will independently manage clients and the team who supports each client. You will build rapport and ongoing relationships with clients, attend meetings, and execute tasks that will result in achieving our clients KPIs; this may include: building PR plans, conducting research, providing strategic counsel and guidance, writing content (press releases, pitches, etc.), pitching media, crisis management and strategy, weekly/monthly reporting and more. As a people manager, you are responsible for serving as a mentor to team members, helping team members grow with the agency and produce the best possible work and results for clients. In this role, you must be comfortable having tough conversations, leading with confidence and of course, be willing to be a team player and have fun!
You are a vital part of the organization! We’ll expect a lot from you, including flexibility to meet deadlines and handle extra hours as needed (including the occasional weekend or evening) as well as the ability to work very well under pressure and to handle client needs, even if they have unreasonable demands or expectations (unless of course, they are against our core values as an Agency!).
- Directs activity on assigned accounts, keeping clients informed of account direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects. Oversight of all PR accounts (includes direct accounts and management of other team members accounts).
- Successfully manages direct reports (SR AEs, AEs, JR AEs, ACs, Interns), providing daily support on accounts to ensure every account meets or exceeds internal KPIs and all staff members are fully utilized
- Successfully retains 85% of retainer clients, and grows project clients into retainer clients
- Develops strategic marketing communications and PR plans and provides counsel to clients. Creates strategic PR plans and setting goals for each client; ensuring that each month, our tactics and results are evaluated against those goals to make sure we are on target
- Effectively presents agency work/proposals to clients and supports other team members in the same
- Writing press releases, pitches, and other general copy and editing the work of other team members
- Develop an intimate knowledge of each client’s brand and expectations
- Ensures that the team has all media lists and contacts up-to-date at all times (executed through the team), and that every team member is familiar with the relevant media
- Executes media relations, community relations and event planning and produces results on a daily/weekly basis
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Provides effective management of agency resources to ensure projects are delivered to appropriate standards on time and on budget
- Stay on top of trends in public relations as well as the integration of public relations and social media. Bring new learning to the team and facilitate the ongoing development of the team.
- Ensure the agency is fully utilizing all PR tools available and evaluate new tools as needed.
- Assist in business development/presentations as necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related job experience, five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Superb verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in high-pressure situations
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with high standards of performance and expectations for themselves and their team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor
- Skilled in the use of a PC or Mac; in a Windows environment; in the use of the Internet; and in the use of MS Office Applications
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, work independently, organize workload, analytical, and possess a strong ability to multi-task
- A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
- When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- FREE healthcare + health insurance reimbursement
- 10 days PTO your first year, and 14 days PTO year two & beyond
- Competitive, matching 401(K) after 12 months
- Reimbursement for membership in professional organizations
- A fully-stocked kitchen with lots of goodies to keep you fueled through the day, as well as monthly team lunches
- Happiness, joy and an overwhelming feeling of passion for the company you work for and the job you do!
- BYOD – Bring your own dog! We are dog-friendly
- Flexible schedule with early release Friday's
- Self-Motivated. Ambitious. Do these qualities describe you? The only thing standing between you and your dream job is – well – our career form.
- Take a peek at our #teamSerendipit values to see if you mesh well with our culture.
Please fill out the form with your cover letter and resume.