Marketing Account Manager
Are you a performance-driven, results-seeking individual that thrives on the success of your client’s business? Do you love the ‘not-so-typical’ daily rush of the agency lifestyle and answering client needs? Are you an expert at crafting holistic strategies that make an impact from day one? Serendipit is looking to hire an experienced Marketing Account Manager that’s unafraid to roll up their sleeves, get their hands dirty and act like a complete boss when it comes to digging deep and making our clients happy. From developing top-notch marketing campaigns to talking the nitty-gritty of budget and digital strategy, we need a creative, organized, and strategic addition to our team. If you’re confident that you can become an expert in any industry and truly own your work, we’d love to hear from you.
The mission of the Marketing Account Manager is to ensure the success of all accounts being overseen, by growing and managing each team involved and continuing effective, strategic and proactive client relations. The Marketing Account Manager will have full P&L accountability and report to the Director of Account Services on profitability, client success, client retention and increased client scope, as well as internal team growth. The Marketing Account Manager will work with the Marketing Project Manager on each of their accounts to provide work that is on budget, on strategy, on time, and impactful.
Do the work
Do the work
Be an Unexpected Presence.
Be an Unexpected
Weird is welcome.
No matter what.
No matter what.
Real people tell the truth.
Real people tell
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage multiple project/retainer accounts (10+) and their account teams simultaneously
- Establish strategic marketing direction for all accounts managed
- Work closely with the Marketing Project Manager on each account
- Manage junior staff. Develop staff through performance management and giving consistent feedback. Identify with staff, developmental opportunities and help them to work toward their professional goals
- Assist Director of Account Services with Serendipit operational growth items: training, process documents, etc.
- Retain and grow existing client budgets and develop new business from existing accounts
- Accountable for building and maintaining great relationships with all assigned clients, including overall client satisfaction and the management of SOW expectations
- Ensure that all client work is completed based on strategy, on time, within budget and exceeds client’s goals
- Serve as an agency catalyst for implementing and achieving the client’s tactical marketing plan by working with internal and external team members
- Become an expert in each client’s business, ultimately providing value to internal teams – business model basics, key issues, insights and competitive landscape
- Ensure proper voice is used at all times
- Review campaign reporting and provide strategic recommendations
- Attend all appropriate meetings
- Ability to understand the PR efforts and how it fits into the overall marketing initiatives
- Ensure all social media accounts and campaigns meet and exceed industry standards
- Review and approve billing for all assigned clients
- Assist with business development efforts as needed
- Work with teams to develop and adapt servicing to meet and exceed client and agency needs, looking for ways to proactively grow the business.
- Report monthly client billing and annual projections
- Assume responsibility for health of agency/client relationships and achievement of client objectives
- Achieve agency income and time management objectives for each client
- The Marketing Account Manager will also provide support to account services team members as needed with:
- Social Media
- Email campaigns
- Webinars/Video tutorials
- Marketing Campaign concepts
- Branding Strategy
- Website management/development
- Event strategy and management
- Evaluating Competitors’ Products and Services
- Management of Trade Shows /Conferences
- Prepare/Facilitate Marketing Presentations
We’ll expect a lot from you, including flexibility to meet deadlines and handle extra hours as needed (including the occasional weekend or evening response on social media). You are a vital part of the organization! The ability to work very well under pressure and address client needs is essential even if they have unreasonable demands or expectations.
- Must have 3-4 years AD Agency Account Management experience
- Well-spoken and succinct – ability to clearly articulate feedback and direction
- Demonstrate a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right and with enthusiasm
- Possess sound judgment and effective problem-solving skills, learning quickly from experience
- Must demonstrate a high ability in priority setting, time management and managing workload – able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Attention to detail – attentive, accurate and thorough
- A “self-starter” – able to anticipate needs and act without direction when required
- Must be able to write and speak with clarity, authority and persuasion, possessing expert presentation and written skills to internal and external audiences
- Must have high budget management skills
- Must have constant desire for relationship development (with clients, vendors, team members)
- Experience in the following is preferred:
- Hubsoft/Salesforce/Zoho – CRMs
- WordPress CMS – Basic understanding of development, WordPress backend, visual editors, and ongoing management
- Google Analytics/Google Ads
- PM Tools (Workamajig, Asana, Basecamp, etc.)
- Mailchimp/Constant Contact.
Let’s Work Together!
Please take a moment to fill out this form, including a cover letter, your resume, samples and whatever else you think would dazzle us. Bonus points for including a link with a fun video introduction to YOU. We seriously cannot wait to hear from you!