With 21 locations and growing, the AZPetVet family provides a network of outstanding primary and preventive healthcare for pets, backed by a team of more than 800 veterinary and support professionals in the Greater Phoenix area. Like all healthcare networks, they have a team of wonderful professionals who provide routine preventive care for companion animals ranging from domestic to exotic, as well as cutting- edge medical care and veterinary specialists for pets should the need arise. They are locally owned and operated, so they are also helping Arizona’s economy grow and thrive.
CHALLENGES & OPPORTUNITIES
AZPetVet has only recently united all its hospitals under the ‘corporate’ brand name. Each location had been running its own social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram with varying degrees of engagement. Some hospitals had little to no social web presence.
Serendipit’s challenge was to create a robust social media program that provided creative content suitable for each hospital to use on their social media to raise brand awareness, as well as still allow some freedom for hospitals to create and share their own content. In addition, we saw the opportunity to revamp the blog program by refreshing older topics to optimize the content, as well as create a monthly calendar of topical blogs optimized for search in the greater Phoenix area.
- Challenge 1: Gaining access to 21 different accounts, and setting up the program for ease of use by relative novices to those actively engaged in the social media.
- Challenge 2: Educating the entire AZPetVet team on different aspects of social media, Best Practices, as well as how to handle negative reviews in a timely manner.
- Challenge 3: Create a cohesive brand style and compelling editorial calendars for social media awareness and for the AZPetVet blog.
- Challenge 4: Take over the corporate brand Instagram account and grow it rapidly.
Our first step was to conduct a brainstorm session with key decision-makers from AZPetVet to fully understand their goals and objectives, as well as different partnerships with animal-focused organizations such as LovePup. From there, we moved into creating the overall plan for the year, fun social media contests, as well as outlining suggested topical webinars for educating the AZPetVet team. The new social media program debuted in May of 2019, and we’ve seen rapid growth in engagement and followers month over month.
- Social Media Campaign Creation
- Social Media Content Creation & Design
- Create Engaging Contests to Spur User Generated Content
- Monthly Blog Copy (4-5 columns per month)
- Refreshing Old Blog Topics for SEO
- Organic Social Media
- Live Video & Posting From Featured Events
- Monthly Photo Shoots at Different Locations
- Monthly Topical Webinars for the 21 Locations
- Consulting on PR Opportunities & Crisis Management
Run multiple contests (Let’s Get Petriotic, Howl-a-ween) resulting in tens of thousands of impressions and hundreds of entries. The rapid growth of the branded Instagram account is testament to the power of engaging content based around pets. Increased engagement by the AZPetVet locations, which helped grow their individual following. We love our pets, so does AZPetVet, so it’s a match made in Doggy Heaven!