Public Relations Internship
As an Intern for Serendipit, you are responsible for assisting in the day-to-day public relations functions for a variety of clients and support to senior team members. You will receive hands-on projects and real responsibilities. As a result, you will build valuable skills and have the opportunity to experience a professional environment. You are a vital part of the organization, and we are counting on you to help us uphold the agency’s reputation as one of the top PR agencies in the Valley! That means thinking ahead to make sure all client tasks are completed and that senior team members always have the most updated reports, research and ideas about that client’s industry and business. We’ll expect a lot from you, including flexibility to meet deadlines and handle extra hours as needed (including the occasional weekend or evening client TV spot or event) as well as the ability to work very well under pressure and to handle client needs, even if they have unreasonable demands or expectations.
Your daily duties during your Internship are to come up with media pitch ideas, draft pitches and press releases, build target media lists, monitor for press coverage, assist with reporting, and perform various other tasks as assigned. You will be given specific clients to work on day-to-day, but you will also be thrown into other projects as needed. You will work alongside a senior team member who handles the client interaction.
Do the work
Do the work
Be an Unexpected Presence.
Be an Unexpected
Weird is welcome.
No matter what.
No matter what.
Real people tell the truth.
Real people tell
Responsibilities and Duties
- Researching media contacts, facts and stats for media pitches and press releases, industry trends, new tools and tactics, and more
- Creating content, such as media pitches, press releases, feature stories, bylined articles, social media posts, blog posts, etc.
- Building and updating target media lists (TMLs)
- Preparing pitching briefs for media pitch distribution
- Be “in the know” of what media is covering our clients. This including finding all media placements that mention or relate to our clients and sending those “wins” to your supervisor
- Maintaining clipbooks and editorial reports, ensuring that they are completed and client ready by the third business day of the month
- Organizing the PR “area” in the office – including client clips, clip books, newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Filling in at the front desk when needed
- Attending team meetings, taking notes and assigning/managing tasks in Intervals based on the notes
- Must be able to work approximately 20+ hours/week
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility and attention to detail
Let’s Work Together!
Please take a moment to fill out this form, including a cover letter, your resume, samples and whatever else you think would dazzle us. Bonus points for including a link with a fun video introduction to YOU. We seriously cannot wait to hear from you!