Senior PR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
As a Senior Account Executive (PR) for Serendipit, you are responsible for the day-to-day public relations functions for a variety of clients, management of PR coordinators and interns and support to senior team members. As a manager to our growing team, you are responsible for serving as a mentor to coordinators and interns, helping them grow and produce the best possible work and results for our clients.
You will build rapport and ongoing relationships with media and clients that focus on retaining clients. You will independently manage client and execute tasks that will result in achieving our clients KPIs which include: attend meetings, write press releases, oversee strategy, come up with pitch ideas and constantly pitch the media to secure stories, build target media lists, manage reporting, ensure client satisfaction and perform various other tasks as assigned.
Your main responsibility is to achieve the goals of each Serendipit PR clients through public relations activities, and to uphold the Agency’s reputation as one of the top PR agencies. That means thinking ahead to make sure all client tasks are completed and that senior team members always have the most updated reports, research and ideas about that client’s industry and business.
You are a vital part of the organization! We’ll expect a lot from you, including flexibility to meet deadlines and handle extra hours as needed (including the occasional weekend or evening client TV spot or event) as well as the ability to work very well under pressure and to handle client needs, even if they have unreasonable demands or expectations (unless of course, they are against our core values as an Agency!).
Agency Services & Leadership
- Development of Interns & Coordinators on a daily basis
- Focusing on client retention by setting in-person meetings with your clients on a quarterly basis
- Managing overall organization of PR “area” in the office – including client clips, clip books, newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Ensuring all PR reports are updated by Interns or Coordinators (clip book, editorial report).
- Assigning writing tasks (pitches, press releases) and reviewing/editing all work.
- Training on pitching media
- Staying on top of PR trends
- Copywriting and editing needs of the agency in general
- Ensure all PR tools and technology are properly utilized
- Complete bill sheets as needed
- Independently managing and executing the day-to-day PR efforts for 8-12 retainer clients (depending on retainer scope/size) and a variety of “project” clients
- Creating strategic PR plans and setting goals for each client; ensuring that each month, our tactics and results are evaluated against those goals to make sure we are on target
- Attending client meetings, taking notes and assigning/managing tasks in Intervals based on the notes
- Create monthly PR report for all of your PR clients each month (sent to client by 5th of the month for the month prior); also compile and/or send “Weekly Recap/Wins” e-mail every Friday.
- Writing press releases and media pitches, and coming up with new, creative ways to tell our client’s stories
- Pitching the media on a daily basis! Local, regional, national, trade – you name it!
- Be “in the know” of what media is covering our clients, and always make sure the TML is up-to-date. Send changes to Interns/Coordinators and do periodic checks to ensure all contacts are perfect
- Development of key messages and talking points for client interviews
- Find all clips that mention or relate to our clients
- Coordinating events and overseeing events through completion
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related job experience, two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Superb verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in high-pressure situations
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with high standards of performance and expectations for themselves and their team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor
- Skilled in the use of a PC or Mac; in a Windows environment; in the use of the Internet; and in the use of MS Office Applications
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, work independently, organize workload, analytical, and possess a strong ability to multi-task
A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- FREE healthcare + health insurance reimbursement
- 10 days PTO your first year, and 14 days PTO year two & beyond
- Competitive, matching 401(K) after 12 months
- Fully stocked fitness center in the office, complete with a Peloton, treadmill and Olympic weight set.
- Reimbursement for membership in professional organizations
- A fully-stocked kitchen with lots of goodies to keep you fueled through the day, as well as monthly team lunches
- Happiness, joy and an overwhelming feeling of passion for the company you work for and the job you do!
- BYOD – Bring your own dog! We are dog-friendly
- Creativity. Self-Motivated. Ambitious. Do these qualities describe you? The only thing standing between you and your dream job is – well – our career form.
Please fill out the form with your cover letter and resume.