Social Media Account Manager
Are you a performance-driven, results-seeking social media fanatic that thrives on the success of your client’s business? Do you love the ‘not-so-typical’ daily rush of the agency lifestyle? The icing on the cake? Instagram is your middle name!
Serendipit is looking to hire a Social Media Account Manager who is unafraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty with the rest of the team. We need a creative, organized, and strategic addition to our team. The task? Develop finger-stopping social feeds that bring results home for clients and the Serendipit PR and Digital team. If you’re confident that you can become an expert in any industry and truly own your work, we’d love to hear from you.
Do the work
Do the work
Be an Unexpected Presence.
Be an Unexpected
Weird is welcome.
No matter what.
No matter what.
Real people tell the truth.
Real people tell
As a social media account manager for Serendipit, you are responsible for the day-to-day social media strategy and content for various clients, management of interns, and support to senior team members. Your primary responsibility is to achieve each Serendipit social media client’s goals and uphold the Agency’s reputation as one of the top marketing and PR agencies. Duties include:
- Working with the social media team on the development of social media strategies and content to achieve marketing targets
- Creation, management, publishing, and monitoring of high-quality content
- Facilitation of customer-brand communications (respond to queries, get reviews and organize chats and Q&A sessions)
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports on results and ROI
- Staying up-to-date with social media best practices
- Collaboration on agency initiatives; and supporting the company’s overall communications strategy and various brand initiatives
You’ll also be responsible for drafting, proofreading, and editing content for articles, blogs, infographics, newsletters, social media, and premium and develop brand tone and voice across various channels and brands. That means thinking ahead to ensure all client tasks are completed on schedule; senior team members always have the most updated reports, research, and ideas about that client’s industry and business. You are also responsible for managing multiple clients’ social media presence across platforms, ensuring a consistent experience with overall marketing efforts.
We’ll expect a lot from you, including flexibility to meet deadlines and handle extra hours as needed (including the occasional weekend or evening response on social media). You are a vital part of the organization! The ability to work very well under pressure and address client needs is essential even if they have unreasonable demands or expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
Agency Services & Leaderships
- Development of interns or coordinators as requested
- Ensuring all social media reports are updated (weekly & monthly recaps) and accurate
- Completing writing tasks (content calendars, blogs, etc.) and reviewing/editing all work
- Staying on top of social media trends
- Copywriting and editing needs of the Agency in general, to include case studies, blog writing, and social media posts
- Clearly and confidently present work to internal teams and clients
Client Services – Social Media
- Independently manage 5–7 client’s social media editorial calendars, aligning timing with other communications timelines
- Focusing on client retention by leading and managing social only clients
- Edit/review all Serendipit social media content calendars for strategy, spelling and grammar errors, and presentation
- Provide feedback to interns or coordinators on writing tasks (content calendars, blogs, etc.)
- Working alongside the account service and social media team to craft consistent brand messaging, social media strategies, and implementing brand design
- Attending client meetings, taking notes, and assigning/managing tasks based on the notes
- Writing, aggregating, posting, and tracking day-to-day social media content featuring key messages that develops and deploys a social media strategy that drives differentiation and engagement for all clients
- Assisting with the creation of social media content strategies and setting goals for each client; ensuring that each month our tactics and results are evaluated/measured against those goals to make sure we are on target
- Write strong, captivating social media content within each brand’s style and tone guidelines for assigned projects, ensuring that all content is reviewed and edited for spelling and grammar before being sent to the client
- Creating and posting content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and others), and working across departments to generate story ideas
- Answering user/customer service questions via social media, leading engagement efforts for your roster of clients plus additional agency clients if needed
- Developing measurements, standards, and goals for social media efforts
- Cultivating and leveraging online influencers for clients
- Participate in content brainstorming sessions and help develop new ideas and strategies to reach the intended online audience more effectively
- Help create and execute social media campaigns that will result in a larger online following, increased exposure,and greater brand awareness for our clients
- Work collaboratively in a multifunctional team to concept and implement compelling content
- Analyze and test the optimal ways for consumers to find and consume content as well as maximize social conversion ratios
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Be “in the know” of what stories in the media are trending and how they could be applied to all clients (even if you don’t work on them directly), and always make sure we have the most up-to-date ideas
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business or related field preferred
- Proficient time and project management skills and be able to communicate effectively and work well autonomously in a team-driven environment
- Be a solution finder and take initiative
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter with high standards of performance and expectations for themselves and their team
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, work independently, organize workload, analytical, and possess a strong ability to multi-task
- Must be passionate and creative and have a strong work ethic with the ability to stay on task
- Proficient with Mac and Microsoft Office presentation products
- Knowledgeable in Google analytics, familiar with basic web site CMS
- Understand marketing techniques and concepts
- Ability to think creatively and out of the box
- Must have the ability to adapt to the style, tone, and voice of the clients we serve
- Work well in a team and with a wide range of people
- Be organized and methodical with decision making
- Must have a demonstrated ability to write quality content that is clear, concise, and grammatically correct
- Must be able to effectively research a client’s industry and quickly gain the knowledge needed to write accurate and insightful content
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Be well presented in a professional manner
- Social media experience within an Agency preferred