PR Jr. Account Executive
As a Junior Account Executive (PR) for Serendipit, you are responsible for the day-to-day public relations functions for a variety of clients, management of PR coordinators and interns and support to senior team members. You will attend meetings, write press releases, come up with pitch ideas and constantly pitch the media to secure stories, build target media lists, manage reporting, ensure client satisfaction and perform various other tasks as assigned. Your main responsibility is to achieve the goals of each Serendipit PR clients through public relations activities, and to uphold the Agency’s reputation as one of the top PR agencies in the Valley. That means thinking ahead to make sure all client tasks are completed and that senior team members always have the most updated reports, research and ideas about that client’s industry and business. You are a vital part of the organization! We’ll expect a lot from you, including flexibility to meet deadlines and handle extra hours as needed (including the occasional weekend or evening client TV spot or event) as well as the ability to work very well under pressure and to handle client needs, even if they have unreasonable demands or expectations.
Your daily duties as a JR. Account Executive (PR) is to oversee and execute new and existing accounts. You will be given specific clients to work on day-to-day, but you will also be thrown into other projects as needed. You will have direct client interaction on many of the accounts you handle the daily PR for, and on other accounts, you may work through a senior team member who handles the client interaction.
Your Responsible for:
- Independently managing and executing the day-to-day PR efforts for 4-6 retainer clients (depending on retainer scope/size) and a variety of “project” clients and assisting with a number of other larger PR clients with senior team members
- Meeting or exceeding internal and external client KPIs on a weekly basis.
- Drafting PR plans and setting goals for each client; ensuring that each month, our tactics and results are evaluated against those goals to make sure we are on target
- Attending client meetings, taking notes and assigning/managing tasks in Intervals based on the notes
- Create monthly PR report for all of your PR clients each month (sent to client by 5th of the month for the month prior); also compile and/or send “Weekly Recap/Wins” e-mail every Friday.
- Writing press releases and media pitches, and coming up with new, creative ways to tell our client’s stories.
- Pitching the media on a daily basis! Local, regional, national, trade – you name it!
- Be “in the know” of what media is covering our clients, and always make sure the TML is up-to-date o Send changes to Interns/Coordinators and do periodic checks to ensure all contacts are perfect.
- Find all clips that mention or relate to our clients
- Coordinating events and overseeing events through completion
- Development of Interns & Coordinators on a daily basis:
- Managing overall organization of PR “area” in the office – including client clips, clip books, newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Ensuring all PR reports are updated by Interns or Coordinators (clip book, editorial report).
- Assigning writing tasks (pitches, press releases) and reviewing/editing all work.
- Training on pitching media.
- Management of Target Media Lists
- Staying on top of PR trends
- Maintaining current Google Analytics certifications
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of organization
- Solution finder
- Strong writing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient with Mac and Microsoft Office presentation products
- BS/BA in Public Relations or related field
- 1-2 years experience in full-time public relations position (agency experience preferred)
- A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
- When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- FREE healthcare + health insurance reimbursement
- 10 days PTO your first year, and 14 days PTO year two & beyond
- Competitive, matching 401(K) after 12 months
- Reimbursement for membership in professional organizations
- A fully-stocked kitchen with lots of goodies to keep you fueled through the day, as well as monthly team lunches
- Happiness, joy and an overwhelming feeling of passion for the company you work for and the job you do!
- BYOD – Bring your own dog! We are dog-friendly
- Flexible schedule with early release Friday's
- Self-Motivated. Ambitious. Do these qualities describe you? The only thing standing between you and your dream job is – well – our career form.
- Take a peek at our #teamSerendipit values to see if you mesh well with our culture.
Please fill out the form with your cover letter and resume.