Director of Client Service
As the Director of Client Service for Serendipit, your main responsibility is to achieve the goals of each Serendipit client through Marketing and Account Service activities, to retain existing clients and assist with growing new clients, and to uphold the Agency’s reputation as one of the top Marketing and PR agencies in the Valley.
You are responsible for the complete management of assigned clients, including the day-to-day marketing/account service functions as well as the supervision and daily management of the Account Service team. You will independently manage clients (and serve as the direct point of contact for some) and the team who supports each client. You are responsible for building rapport and ongoing relationships with clients, attending meetings, and executing on deliverables that will result in achieving our clients KPIs. This may include building marketing plans, conducting research, providing strategic counsel and guidance, overseeing the tactical implementation with the team, managing weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables, making sure digital strategy and creative output is in alignment with client goals, and more.
In this role, you will be responsible for operational functions of the agency. You will be required to meet certain profitability goals, manage resource allocation and utilization as well as making sure all agency processes are followed and evaluated for effectiveness.
As a people manager, you are responsible for serving as a mentor to team members, helping team members grow with the agency and produce the best possible work and results for clients. In this role, you must be comfortable having tough conversations, leading with confidence and of course, be willing to be a team player and have fun!
You are a vital part of the organization! We’ll expect a lot from you, including flexibility to meet deadlines and handle extra hours as needed (including the occasional weekend or evening) as well as the ability to work very well under pressure and to handle client needs and issues as they arise (unless of course, they are against our core values as an Agency!).
- Directs activity on assigned accounts, keeping clients informed of account direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects
- Oversight of all agency Integrated Marketing accounts (includes direct accounts and management of team members on accounts and projects)
- Successfully manages direct reports (AMs, PMs, & ACs), providing daily support on accounts to ensure every account meets or exceeds internal KPIs and all staff members are fully utilized
- Successfully retains 85+% of retainer clients, and grows project clients into retainer clients
- Develops strategic marketing communications and marketing plans and provides counsel to clients
- Creates strategic marketing plans and setting goals for each client; ensuring that each month, our tactics and results are evaluated against those goals to make sure we are on target
- Effectively presents agency work/proposals to clients and supports other team members in the same
- Reviewing creative, digital strategy and other general copy and editing the work of other team members
- Develop an intimate knowledge of each client’s brand
- Ensures that we are on time and on budget for each client and project
- Manage timelines and client milestones to ensure we complete projects on time and on budgets
- Executes email blasts, copy creation or social responses if needed
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/Marketing developments – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Provides effective management of agency resources to ensure projects are delivered to appropriate standards on time and on budget
- Stay ahead of trends in marketing as well as the integration of public relations and social media
- Bring new learning to the team and facilitate the ongoing development of the team and agency outputs
- Ensure the agency is fully utilizing all tools available and evaluate new tools as needed
- Actively identifies and develops new business opportunities – bringing three qualified leads or project upsells to the agency every quarter
- Assist in business development/presentations as necessary with Owners
- A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
- When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- FREE healthcare + health insurance reimbursement
- Competitive, matching 401(K) after 12 months
- Reimbursement for membership in professional organizations
- A fully-stocked kitchen with lots of goodies to keep you fueled through the day, as well as monthly team lunches
- Happiness, joy and an overwhelming feeling of passion for the company you work for and the job you do!
- BYOD – Bring your own dog! We are dog-friendly
- Flexible summer schedule with early release Friday's
- Self-Motivated. Ambitious. Do these qualities describe you? The only thing standing between you and your dream job is – well – our career form.
- Take a peek at our #teamSerendipit values to see if you mesh well with our culture.
Please fill out the form with your cover letter and resume.