Social and Content Strategist
About the Position:
The role of Social and Content Strategist is to build, manage, execute, and grow a brand’s content strategy across multiple platforms and disciplines. This role must have the analytical abilities necessary to gather key business and user insights, and apply their strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for a brand's content strategy.
Duties include leading a team on the creation of content marketing campaigns for multiple clients; development of social media strategies to achieve marketing targets; creation, management, publishing, and monitor high-quality content; administration of social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content; facilitation of customer-brand communication (respond to queries, get reviews and organize chats and Q&A sessions); preparation of weekly and monthly reports on results and ROI; staying up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices; collaboration on public relations initiatives; and supporting the company’s overall communications strategy and various brand initiatives.
This position will lead a team of social media experts – executing for certain clients and overseeing the strategy and implementation for others.
You will draft, proofread, and edit content for articles, blogs, infographics, newsletters, social media, and premium and develop brand tone and voice across various channels and brands.
- Directs activity on assigned accounts, keeping clients informed of account strategy and direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects. Management of 10+ accounts (includes direct accounts and management of other team members accounts)
- Creating strategic content and social plans and setting goals for each client; ensuring that each month, our tactics and results are evaluated against those goals to make sure we are on target
- Writing strong, motivating content within each client’s brand style and tone guidelines for assigned projects to meet target KPI’s
- Developing content strategy across multiple disciplines and mediums (email, social, inbound, on-page SEO)
- Creating personas and develop targeted content strategy around each persona
- Working directly with clients, to showcase interactive and technical expertise and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track sentiment about clients online, respond to complaints, answering user/customer service questions and report to clients with recommendations on how to respond in a way that will turn complaints into opportunities.
- Possess a deep understanding of analytics to be able to create reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations on how to improve campaigns across a variety of platforms. Knowledge of on-page SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Innovate on existing channels and strategize new approaches that connect with evolving audiences.
- In addition to writing, aggregating, posting and tracking day-to-day social media content featuring key messages, this position also works closely with the marketing/PR/communications team to develop and deploy a content social media strategy that drives differentiation and engagement for all clients
- Ability to create a content marketing plan for each client, including topics and keyword research
- Responsible for crafting consistent brand messaging and implementing brand design standards across all regional social media and digital marketing outlets
- Fluent in multiple social media platforms and the ability to create and post content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, TikTok and others).
- Providing the content “voice” for a variety of clients in collaboration with our marketing department, management team, and external partners
- Create and execute social media campaigns that will result in a larger online following, increased exposure, and greater brand awareness for our clients
- Driver of new ideas and innovative strategies to better reach the intended online audience and meet client revenue goals
- Successfully manages direct reports, providing daily support on accounts to ensure every account meets or exceeds internal KPIs and all staff members are fully utilized
- Work collaboratively in a multifunctional team to concept and implement compelling content
- Ability to work across departments to generate story ideas. Work directly with the marketing team on creative development for advertising and promotions, email marketing, and other duties related to integrated marketing strategies
- Staying on top of marketing and social media trends, keeping a pulse on trending mediums, tactics and messaging.
- Analyze and test the optimal ways for consumers to find and consume content as well as maximize social conversion ratios
- Clearly and confidently present work to internal teams
- Knowledge of the PR landscape and how the PR strategy is incorporated into the overall content strategy
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to gasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related job experience
- 5+ years experience
- Candidate must have proficient time and project management skills and be able to communicate effectively and work well autonomously in a team driven environment.
- Candidate must be a SOLUTION FINDER
- The candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter with high standards of performance and expectations for themselves and their team. Must have the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, be extremely well organized, analytical, and possess a strong ability to multi-task.
- Proficient with Google and Microsoft Office presentation products.
- Have knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts
- Ability to think creatively and out of the box
- Show confidence in presenting to clients, agencies and peers
- Work well in a team and with a wide range of people
- Be organized and methodical with decision making
- Be proactive and able to take the initiative
- Be able to motivate and inspire a team
- Be well presented with a professional manner
- Occasional travel, reliable transportation required
- A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
- When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- FREE healthcare + health insurance reimbursement
- 10 days PTO your first year, and 14 days PTO year two & beyond
- Competitive, matching 401(K) after 12 months
- Reimbursement for membership in professional organizations
- A fully-stocked kitchen with lots of goodies to keep you fueled through the day, as well as monthly team lunches
- Free fitness room at the office with a Peloton bike, treadmill, and weights
- BYOD – Bring your own dog! We are dog-friendly
- Flexible schedule with early release Friday's in the summer
Please fill out the form with your cover letter and resume.