The Madness of March can’t stop, won’t stop. Oral Roberts won again – but dancing is still outlawed on campus. Robots are going to start delivering Chipotle. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is including fine seafood cuisine in random packages.
Let’s talk about that whole Cinnamon Toast Crunch thing. Unless you were living under a rock or in a Pineapple under the Sea (where this kind of stuff is normal), you’ve probably heard of Cinnamon Toast Crunch’s hurricane of issues this week. The brand took on a lot of water this week and is sinking. Now, we’ve written plenty about crisis communications HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. So instead of another incredibly informative and helpful blog, here is Serendipit’s list of things we would like to discover in our box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch instead of shrimp tails/mouse droppings. Navigate your cereal purchases carefully.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- A diamond
- Rachel E’s motivation
- Another cereal that actually tastes good
- Winning lotto ticket
- A miniature box of miniature cinnamon toast crunch
- Captain Crunch
- An original autographed mint condition Mickey Mantle card and an original autographed mint condition Babe Ruth card
- A single bitcoin
- Surf & Turf
- A Mahomes bobblehead
- The truth #thetruthisoutthere
- Some sea monkeys
- The address of my teacher who called me stupid in the second grade so I can send her this and she can see how clever I am now
- Justin Bieber
- J Lo’s diet and workout plan
- Kacey Musgrave’s phone number
- The slice of pizza from the Goofy Movie
- A list of KFC’s secret herbs and spices
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch (strain)
- Dr. Dre’s Detox
- A halfway decent golf swing
- A deck that’s under 60 slides
- Unlimited ad budget
- Dippin’ Dots (more on that later)
- A meeting that could have been an email actually being an email
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Clubhouse Take of The Week
‘Communicate quickly and effectively’: Why agencies are hiring Clubhouse managers https://t.co/CyzjNuL6qq
— Digiday (@Digiday) March 26, 2021
Is it time to hire a Clubhouse manager? Check out our take on Clubhouse in our 2021 Marketing Trends blog.
Serendipit Slack Thread of The Week
Shameless (Almost) Client Shoutout Of The Week
We saved Dippin’ Dots this week. We did not, however, land a lifetime supply. Sad.
Serendipit Random Radio Song Addition Of The Week
“Song of the Shrimp” – Elvis Presley
Keeping with the seafood theme. The saddest song about a shrimp you’ll ever hear. The little dude shakes his dad’s hand (claw? pincer?), leaves home…then I’m pretty sure he becomes a meal.