Weekly Wrap-Up: Tweeting For Your Audience
Serendipit Consulting wraps up the week with an inside look at specialized tweets.
As with any marketing strategy, there are specific steps to take to ensure that an outlet or medium is working effectively for your target audience. This remains true with social media and this week we are taking a closer look at tweeting for your audience.
- Cohesive Branding: The first impression of your Twitter account begins with your avatar image, header and background graphic. Make sure that these are built out and display cohesive branding.
- Cross-Promote: Be sure to include your twitter handle on all of your collateral items and as a main source for contacting your brand.
- Tweet Like a Human: Followers want to feel like they are following an actual person, not a brand robot, so be sure to use language that is genuine and approachable.
- Respond: This is one of the most important parts. If someone mentions you in a tweet or tweets to your handle, make sure that you respond in a timely matter. This shows that you care.
- Create Interesting Content: As with any marketing tactic, make sure that you do your research to understand what your target audience is interested in and wants to read about. Make sure that you retweet industry influencers associated with your brand as well.
- Be Visual: Twitter now features your image in the tweet, so that you don’t always have to click on the link to view an image. This just reiterates the fact that people respond better to visuals, so make so you are posting visual content.
Need help starting your brand’s twitter strategy on the right foot? Contact the Serendipit social media experts to generate results.